Monday, January 28, 2013

Project4: Surface

Subject: Brooke Jones

Project4 Time: 4.5hrs

Project52 Time: 23hrs


So this week I've been a little sick which has thrown me a lot of schedule! I just finished and uploaded this week's Project about 2 hours ago. I knew what I wanted to do this week, but I had no time or energy to accomplish it until Saturday morning. I asked Brooke (whose a beautiful dancer from Denver, CO and new Lunger) to come over to my apartment building in the morning, and we got to work right away.

I wanted to focus on a bit sleeker of a look, compared to the other Projects up until this point. Brooke and I decided to focus on the idea of surface. All of the movement is either inspired by or dependent on a surface. We also wanted to touch on the idea of cloning just a bit. Almost as if another form of this person is surfacing. 

We started by creating some phrase work and then allowed Brooke to do her thing and improvise a bit to get a good amount of footage. From here I was able to edit the footage to get what we needed. We only spent about 2.5 hours creating and filming. (That even included a run to B&H to grab a tripod!)

I just started using Motion to edit and I had a lot of fun with this footage. I took me about 2 hours to edit. It's a quick project, but I really enjoy the finished product.

Let me know your thoughts!


No comments:

Post a Comment