Thursday, March 14, 2013

Project9: Housewife

Subject: Gwen Benjamin

Project9 Time: 5.5hrs

Project52 Time: 53.5hrs

This is a fun one. I wanted to do something that wasn't so serious for a change. I had choreographed a piece to this song a while back and decided to expand on the idea in a film. It's very stepford wives-esque and I like the dark humor and sarcasm in the lyrics of the song.

I decided to film Gwen Benjamin this week and I was thrilled with the result! She was so easy to work with and comfortable on camera. And she has a sick kitchen so that helped quite a bit. Gwen's boyfriend Nathan is a New York Film Academy graduate and was also present for the shoot. He was wry much an unexpected surprise and was incredibly helpful with giving me some tips about not disorientating the viewer and angles of the body in the fame. It took me about 4 hrs to film and clean up the hue mess we made.

As I've said before, I feel that the plot driven projects are way easier for me to edit. It only took me about 1.5hrs to edit. The trickiest part was getting the las sequence where Gwen is both in the closet and resting in front of me. I used Motion to edit the rest of the shot where she is lying on the counter out and then overlayed that on the shot of me getting her out of the closet. A fun trick that I can't wait to use more of!

I was really happy with the end result! Let me know what you think!

Billy Bell | Artistic Director


No comments:

Post a Comment